Monday, January 26, 2015

The daybook.....



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

                                                                  For today:
                                                               January 26, 2015

Outside my window.......A light fine snow.  Not laying terribly yet just enough to make a mess but predicted to be more as the day goes on.  Lumberjack stayed home and I am so glad.  Schools were cancelled also so no worries of loved ones traveling.

I am thinking.....A little silly but Im already thinking of valentines day out!  Planning the day this week.

I am thankful for.....The many resources we have locally for good fresh non gmo organic foods.

I am wearing.....Or wore last time I went out....A victorian grey silky tunic, Stonewashed skinny jeans, and black boots.

I am creating.....Knitting like a fool to get the mitties done by Saturday.  Working in the art journal which I am loving immensely! And finishing the item for the valentines swap!

I am going.....To be enjoying the next three days tucked in right here at home by the fire.

I am wondering.....About the incubated eggs.  Its always stressful wondering what will come of them if any!

Quote of the week.....



I am reading.....Finally finished "Eggs in the coffee, sheep in the corn"  Passing it along via a fb group I am in on Homesteading.  Starting now "A year in Provence"  By Peter Mayle.

I am hoping.....For good weather over the weekend.  Cold is very good for the coming weekend...but snow is NOT!!

I am learning.....When to say no!  Had plans and tickets for an event on Sat am with Firefly....Snow was slushy and slippery.  Should have said NO...Cassie and Firefly ended up in a ditch hanging on the side of a cliff.  All is well no one hurt and car is fine but what a scare!!

Around the farmstead.....Needing to get some mushroom plugs ordered.  Leeks being started indoors.  Eggs to hatch in only two weeks.  And preparing for some rabbits.

In the kitchen.....Its been a good week in the kitchen.  After a trip to DC and home with some fresh fish which will be on the menu this week ahead.  So many eggs so Quiche for breakfast on our Sunday mornings together.  And a special dessert...a coconut raspberry bundt cake which was absolutely divine!






I am pondering.....A little hard to imagine with the image here.  But while in a local historic town this past week for coffee with Maureen I saw this in a little store.  And I am "pondering" doing something very similiar in the bedroom when we add it.  These are ribbons....all sizes, styles and several colors.  Some solid and some  patterned.  Im thinking of having a friend paint a bare brown tree with limbs on a wall and then using ribbon to create the leaves of the tree.



One of my favorite things.....Snowy days being tucked in here by the fire with the Lumberjack home from work!

Plans for the week ahead......Home for the beginning of the week and happy for that.  A trip to Frederick on Thursday for a dentist appt for Firefly which is always accompanied by a cafe of some sort, Shopping with the girls in town on Friday, Dinner and a walk through Chambersburgs Ice fest with a friend on Saturday and most definately CHURCH on Sunday!

A peek into one of my days from the past week......Traveling knitting!


7 comments:

  1. We plan on hatching some eggs this year but we don't have much success this early. Will wait until at least March. I have always wanted some ducks but we have had a horrible time with coyotes here. The past couple of weeks has been trapping season so we let a friend set his traps and boy are we glad he did! 2 bobcats, 5 foxes, and a coyote.!!!!! Maybe now we can have some ducks without losing them to these critters!
    Oh my what a scary accident. So glad everyone is ok! That is one reason I don't drive on this kind of stuff any more... an accident and now I have lost all my courage! :)
    Hope your weekend plans go wonderfully! And that you find a home church! :)
    Hugs and blessing my friend! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossing our fingers some hatch. Should find out in two weeks. WOW you have alot of not nice critters!! We hear foxes here but we scare them off and the dogs help do that also. Hope you get to get some ducks now though. They are adorable.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear no one was hurt in the accident!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egads, hanging off a cliff sounds so scary. Hope you have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me hungry for Quiche, so I am adding it to next week's menu. I don't like driving in winter weather as it is, but that experience would do me in for good. I am glad everyone was ok. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny, seems when I was her age I was fearless also. Sense comes with age I guess! But I think she is going to think a little harder the next time she wants to venture out in the snow! So glad they were ok though. Enjoy that quiche!

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear that the crash was not worse. How scary! I have started on my Valentine's Day swap card. The gift is done, for the most part. I don't really have the money to put it in a frame, but maybe that is alright anyway. Sounds like you will be busy with chickens and rabbits. How fun!

    ReplyDelete