Monday, January 12, 2015

The Daybook.....



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

                                                                          For Today:
                                                                     January 12, 2015

I am thinking........About a soon baby shower.  That I need to get it all in gear and together.  Maybe at least on paper by the end of the week?

I am thankful for.....This little plot of land and the opportunities it offers us.

I am wearing.....Vintage brown cord bibbies, wool socks and a teal long sleeved tee.  Extreme comfort clothes on this icy day at home.

I am creating......Still the blue cardy, and the purple shrug but started a quick grey scarf and grey mitties as I got a vintage coat and need them to match.



I am going......To be cuddled in this cottage all day long till the lumberjack gets home.  Its rainy and icy out and theres no place I would rather be today!

I am wondering.....About meal worms....it seems I have misplaced a beetle...my only beetle till today.  I know its there as there is no way out but I cant find it!  Determined!!

Quote of the week.....



I am reading.....Still Eggs in the coffee, sheep in the corn.  A good but slow read determined to finish.

I am hoping......To continue getting so much done around here on a weekly basis.  We have put things on the inside on hold trying to get the outside ready for spring and it just seems like there is so much to do and so little time.

I am learning.....That hard work in a day makes for the most amazing nights sleep ever.

Around the farmstead.....More clearing of the woods, A kennel to be put up this weekend coming for the meat birds, hoping to get meatball the cow away from indie the goat before she kids.  And eggs being set to incubate on Wednesday!

In the kitchen.....No pics this week.  Not entirely sure why.  Lots of sprouts and juicing going on in there.  Today some real belly filling comfort dinner on the menu....sardine bake and sour dough biscuits!

I am pondering.....Anything green!  So glad I bought some last chance plants in the fall to rescue and enjoy the greenery they offer all winter long...



One of my favorite things.....Lazy pups!

Plans for the week ahead.....Its to be a crazy week ahead, making up for the lack of business last week I suppose....Costume creating on Wed with the sister...pink flamingos!  Trip to Baltimore on Thursday with a friend for some shopping and lunch.  Shopping and lunch with the girls on Friday.  A polar plunge...hence the pink flamingo costumes...on Saturday with my niece and the entire family.  Lunch date with the Lumberjack on Saturday.  Dinner and a movie Saturday night with a friend.  And two birthday family celebrations on Sunday here at the cottage.

A peek into a day of the past week.....


                                                 Cabin fever cured...lunch out with a friend.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cozy day! Your week ahead is quite busy. Polar plunge? UHHH, NOPE! :) You are one brave lady! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a cozy day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the images I see when you talk about staying in your cozy cottage...enjoy connecting through The Simple Woman's Daybook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love lazy pups (we have 2). I am interested in knowing more about the sardine bake even though I am not sure I would like it. Have a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny I will write it here hopefully you get it. I saw it on River Cottage Australia and doubted it as well. But we LOVE it. Sardines are so healthy for you but I dont like them right out of the can. Saute some onion, and garllic in the oil from the cans of two sardines. Then chunck up like four potatoes and toss them in to cover with oil. Layer the sardines on top. Sprinkle a little flour and pour over some milk till almost covered. Cover and bake 350 for like 40 minutes. I do it all in one cast iron skillet.

      Delete
  5. Thank you Lisa, I was checking back to give you my contact information. I think my hubby would love this. My eight year old should probably not be in the kitchen though. She wont given try fish or any other "sea" creature :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. My adult children wouldnt be adventurous either!

      Delete