Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Daybook.....



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-simple-womans-daybook-new-years.html#comment-form

                                                             For Today
                                                       January 6, 2015

I am thinking.........More like a curiosity really.....but the wonder of the meal worm.  It has been a very long process to get them to the beetle stage but it is finally happening.  The chooks will be happy very soon with fresh meal worms to supplement their feeding.

I am thankful for........School cancellations!  I worry myself terribly when it is bad weather and knowing my daughter will be on the road taking Firefly to and from school.  If only....and im not even going to finish that lol!

I am wearing.......Marroon yoga pants, light grey think yoga top and a black cardi.

I am creating......Will be creating all through the year the 2015 art journal, also still working on the navy cardi and the purple one as well....

I am going.....To be working on the garden plans, ordering seeds, finding a place to purchase new sprout seeds as the one I have locally does not have such a good selection and spending much time in the kitchen enjoying the sourdough starter I have started!

I am wondering.....An exact due date for Indie the goat....she has gotten very large and quick?!

I am reading......Finishing the harbinger with the Lumberjack this week.  Also picked back up and intend to finish....Eggs in the coffee sheep in the corn.  As well as a new book given for free, downloaded and printed off...very enjoyable...Exploring the Senses by Susannah Conaway

I am hoping.......As much as I love snow...and I do and have every intention of enjoying every moment of it "today"...Im hoping it doesnt last longer than the beauty of it.

I am learning......What "Rhythm' looks like in my everyday life.  Oh and how blissful it is.  Always changing with not only each and every day but each moment of the day.  Some days I can barely keep up with it and some we lay low together.  But always each day the rhythm of my heart changes so many times throughout the day.  Paying attention to the pattern of it all.

Around the farmstead.....Eggs have started to be collected and setting aside for the incubator next week.  Meatball...the beef cow is growing wildly....Indie the goat is looking like she may kid sooner than expected...the garden is coming along so nicely now that the trees have all been removed and I have a visual of the space....the generator/wash room has been completed and looks so lovely.  Looking forward to creating in the space back there.  Oh and did I mention eggs...oh the abundance of EGGS!






In the kitchen......YUM YUM!!  Enjoying the new handmade cutting board with all the room necessary for a row of fresh veg, the stick blender another christmas gift makes the best smoothies and is so much nicer than having to use the blender.  A wild Pheasant was to be had for Christmas day and truely enjoyed.  Sour dough has been started for the new year, sour cream is setting atop the fridge fermenting away, mayo is on the way this week as is more homemade yogurt!





I am pondering.....All of 2015...the plans for the cottage, the farmstead critters and veg, and ME!

One of my favorite things.....Fresh fallen snow!!

A few plans for the week.....Home ALL week during the week and I could not be any happier!  Then lunch and coffee with Tess...oh how overdue that is.  My heart skips just thinking about our time together...A special church service and meal on Friday and a date and movie with the lumberjack over the weekend.

A peek into one of my days the past week.......

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your homesteading adventures! I don't raise goats but have always wanted to. We will not take on any more until I can stay at home and take care of the farm! Too much to try and get done before and after work. My garden will be scaled back quite a bit this year due to the time needed to preserve all the fresh produce! I do need to start planning what I want to plant though. Thanks for sharing your day here! :)

    ReplyDelete