Monday, January 19, 2015

The Daybook.....



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

                                                                    For Today
                                                               January 19, 2015

Outside my window.......Grey skies, gusty winds, light snow, occassional rain/ice shower, chilly and just all out beautiful!

I am thinking....Of a dear couple friends that lost his brother suddenly and all the hardship put on them as there is no one else to tend to absolutely everything.

I am thankful for.......LIFE!!!  And an abundant one at that.  I am thankful that I get to rise everyday with a new agenda.  That I get to live here in this wonderful little town and create this little cottage for the Lumberjack and I and that our grown children and grands are close enough to come and visit.

I am wearing......Jean skirt, leggings, boots, comfy tee and cardigan.  Out to pick up a few things this afternoon

I am creating.....Finished the grey scarf....need to make the mitties by the end of the month.  Working on the purple shrug.  Stopped working on the blue cardy for a little, and on paper thinking about what I want to make for the swap at The Simple Womans Blog.



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/


I am going......To spend a little bit of every day this week working on the living room floor to completion.  To be completely clearing the garden area of brush.  To be setting some seeds to start indoors.  And to be getting some soil for the garden to get the spinach in the ground next week!

I am wondering.....Exactly what im going to wear to the funeral this weekend.  May have to check out some places while out today.  My wardrobe is not funeral ready.  Maybe its time for that little black dress to have for everything!

Quote of the week......



I am reading.....STILL  Eggs in the coffee sheep in the corn.  Extremely determined to have it done in two weeks now!

I am hoping......To get to the movies and a dessert/coffee cafe the end of the week for a date with the Lumberjack.

I am learning......How different each and every church is on the inside!  Not looking for the perfect church but praying for the perfect one for us at this time in our life!

Around the farmstead.....Not many changes this week.  We did clear some more woods.  Not going to put up the meat bird kennel until we have the corner cleared of the trees.  The eggs are set for almost a week now.  So excited to see what if anything comes of it.  Meatball is still with Indie which im giving us a two week challenge to change.  Starting some seeds indoors this week some time.  Also getting the soil to start some beds outside and get the spinach in the ground early next week.

In the kitchen.....No pics here onced again.  Very determined to change that this week ahead.  Meals were simple last week as the week was so very busy.

I am pondering.....The said swap.  A great valentines day with the Lumberjack.  A nice Valentines day gift for the grown children and one for firefly.  The outcome of the living room floor and how much im going to love it when it is COMPLETE.

One of my favorite things....Mornings as this.  The flurries are flying the sky is heavy and grey, but the inside of this little cottage is warm and cozy the fire is flickering away and it is dimly lit and the coffee is hot and creamy.

Plans for the week ahead....A quick run to town this am for some fresh cilantro and a stop at a few thrift stores, Coffee in VA with a friend tomorrow as she looks for homes there....AHHH  someone is moving closer to us!!!   Before this coffee date thinking I will try out a new to me farmers market only 30 minutes from me and on my way to meet her. The trip to DC with a friend that was changed from last week to this one coming.  A very very special treat sat am...Going with Tess her daughter and firefly to a meet and greet of who else but Elsa and Ana.....at D'Lish bakery!  Lunch after with the Lumberjack and then headed to the city for the memorial service.  Sunday is most definately a church day as we have missed quite a few sundays to find a home fellowship!

A peek into the day of the past week.....Or 3 peeks as it is this week.  LOL.

                                                         
                                                            The best local organic pizza



                                                              The goat herder pizza delish!


                                                        We split dessert....Krumpes bread pudding!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your friends loss. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, our weather here today is 60! Missouri in January, you never know what you're going to get. We can't start anything outside until at least March. I wish we had a green house then we could do some things all year long.
    Looking forward to seeing your scarf and mitties! :)
    Hope your week is a nice one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely you get a 60 degree day. I would absolutely love that! We did have sunshine. I had a friend tell me to plant spinach in jan to have amazing spinach and she was so right!

      Delete
  3. I recently attended a funeral and there was quite a wide variety of styles of dress. I think anything goes now. So sorry for you loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, Thank you for your advice it makes me feel way better.

      Delete