Monday, February 2, 2015

The Daybook.....Febuary 2, 2015....



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

Outside my window.....VERY windy with a wind advisory.  Cloudy but breaks of blue skies and sunshine which I will take and enjoy!

I am thinking....About an upcoming online class im signed up for.

I am thankful for....The changing of months as it reminds me of each new season and holiday and to be present for each!

I am wearing....Zebra print yoga capris, black workout tank.

I am creating.....Nothing new really.  Purple shrug, grey mitties almost finished, the art journal, garden spaces, new house plants, and my project for the valentines swap partner.

I am going.....To be enjoying a weeks worth of amazing foods right here at home!!!

I am wondering.....If its all really possible.....

Quote of the week.....


I am reading.....Nothing new.

I am hoping.....To have the most amazing garden season ever!

I am learning....Just how good it feels to settle into a "Rhythm" that works so well for me mind body and soul....

Around the farmstead.....Working on getting the beef barn and fencing done before Indie Kids.  Eggs hoping to hatch in the next week.  Meal worms finally ready to start a good rotation.  More seeds to start indoors.  And a bed of spinach goes in the ground by the end of the week.

In the kitchen.....Roasted and sauteed all the fresh veg we have in the house on Sunday in anticipation of this months organic/non gmo produce co-op order.  Going to be some very yummy things in the menu this week!!  Root veg roasted with a poached egg...Omelets sauteed with some tomatoes and spinach....Soups and stews....And some of those yummy roasted root veg for some cold barley and wheat berry salads...cukes and onions as sides....and homemade naan bread!









I am pondering.....What it will be like to eat seasonally come May???  Its going to be a very interesting year!!

One of my favorite things.....Dinner dates with the Lumberjack and friends!  Just time to drink a glass of wine with a good meal and enjoy the company of each other and others.  S-L-O-W-L-Y!

Plans for the rest of the week.....Not as busy as the past couple of weeks.  Home most of the week.  But tomorrow....my very first HULA DANCING lesson in a town two over!!  A day date with a friend to pick up our produce and a stop at the amazing Amish greenhouse...Oh how i am going to savor that greenhouse!!  And Saturday....well....a long anticipated consultation!!

A peek into a day from the past week.....

A photo from the event my sister and I participated in over the weekend...."Scarf in the park"

9 comments:

  1. I am so ready (figuratively speaking) for spring! I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt! Uncover my strawberries and get some of them transplanted. They spread like wildfire last year. Never enough to do much with but I like to pick, wash, and eat! :)
    I love your idea of scarf in the park! Way to spread the love and warmth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am SO ready to find a home fellowship onced again. It seems that we may have to look outside of the area we had hoped but that is ok as well. I hear ya about spring. I thought today...wow im so ready for spring...then I remembered the work that came with it too. lol

      Delete
  2. Love the quote, and the scarf in the park idea sounds like a great idea! I may have to whip up some scarfs to do this next year! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi,
      It was such a great experience and then to go back a few days later and see that the scarves and such had been taken! I didnt organize the event but im certain it would not be very hard!

      Delete
  3. Love your veggie pics - sounds yummy! My husband and I were just discussing the first turning of the garden in a week or two... I'm ready to be gardening again, just not ready for the tornadoes that spring inevitably brings here in Kansas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Anita! I have to tell you at first I read this and saw tomatoes instead of tornadoes and was jealous...that passed quickly when I saw what was really written!

      Delete
  4. I've often wondered the same thing....is it all REALLY possible. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do hope you will post chick pictures when the hatching is done. All of your veggie pictures look wonderful. Will you be cooking and freezing or canning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary! Posted pics today as two have hatched! So excited!! For the veg we will use it all up throughout the week ahead. Have a great day!

      Delete