Monday, February 9, 2015

The daybook.....February 9, 2015....



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

                                                            The daybook for
                                                   Monday February 9, 2015

Outside my window.....Heavy grey skies...fog...and a dropping temperature with lots of moisture in the air to turn to ice this evening.

I am thinking....Oh just how much I am ready for spring.  For all things greening.

I am thankful for.....Balance.  Feeling a little unbalanced the last two days and a few hours with a loved one can help to just reel that back into place.  Ready to be home tomorrow and focus deep, and give myself the space to just press in.

I am wearing.....Skinny jeans, low boots, brown plaid flannel shirt, and a warm cozy tan vest.

I am creating.....A table top water garden...photo this week.  Still the purple shrug.  And a kitchen to be completed very soon!

I am going.....To be taking inventory of a summer wardrobe very soon!!  And getting of so many things from winter as they are just too big anymore!

I am wondering....Just exactly how soon we can hit the trails with the bikes.  OH how I have missed this over the winter!!!

Quote of the week....Breathing DEEPLY.  The future has SO much to behold and I am ready for it ALL!



I am reading.....The same but with the addition of the seed saving book I resort to every year this time with starting seeds indoors and out in anticipation of harvesting my own for another year.

I am hoping.....To continue the morning yoga routine that I started last week.  It was amazing what just 15 minutes first thing in the morning can do for the soul!

I am learning.....Alot about myself really.  Seeing how "I" function and how the word of the year rhythm flows within me in so very many ways.  This week....I took a look and saw that I am really an all irons in the fire kind of woman...I mean ALL at onced!  Then after the fire is burning I stand back and process just which ones to pull out and put aside until later.  Lumberjack just smiled at this revelation I had...apparently he has known it for all of our nearly 30 years!  It works for me and Im not complaining and im certain it will not change.  But it was nice to calmly stand back and see how it flows.

Around the farmstead.....Goat is definately due and soon.  The cow barn roof is mostly complete.  The sides are to go on soon.  The kitchen...ugh the kitchen!  We started working on the walls and floors.  Im simply in love with the design but the mess..ugh!  Leeks have sprouted as well as the chinese cabbage.  More things going outside into the ground this week as well as more seeds started indoors.  The chooks that hatched are doing very well and still one hen sitting contentedly on her little nest.

In the kitchen.....So last week was a very good week in the kitchen.  Lots of yumminess in there.  Roasted veg...meats, and the best Roasted Root Vegetable and barley cold salad with the best tangy dressing!  This week....its going to be good cooking but I may not have many photos to share as the kitchen is in a major disarray!  Oh how my body has craved homemade Aioli and fresh cilantro lately.  Just giving it what it wants!!






I am pondering.....It is official!!  Deposit has been made...consultation done...and appointment scheduled!  That wrist will never be the same!!  Excited!!!





One of my favorite things....Coming home to a cold house and making it instantly warmed with the wood heat.  I do always tire of the dirt about now but im holding on a little longer until I get truely frustrated with it!  Going to just savor the heat and look away from the dirt!

Plans for the rest of the week.....Coffee in just two hours with Missy at Panera (waiting not so patiently on the coffee so starting this blog entry and finishing later), A very important confirmation this afternoon then lunch with the kimble women, A cat scat on Wed am then lunch with Tess afterwards, Friday a full day out and about shopping with the girls, Saturday Valentines day!!  A special day with the love of my life!!  And another church on Sunday!

A peek into a day from the past week....

                         
                                                        Breakfast dates!!

3 comments:

  1. Breakfast dates are fun! I need to schedule one with a friend! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for you to post about your tattoo experience. I am still planning on getting one in the Spring on my foot if I don't chicken out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love calving time! It is a sure sign that spring is in the air around here. IT won't be long and we will have babies running around! :)

    ReplyDelete