Monday, December 8, 2014

The Simple Womans Daybook....



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com

                                                                     For Today:
                                                             December 8, 2014

Outside my window.......Woke to a very heavy frost on the ground.  Now heavy grey skies and a crisp air.  Snow is to be coming overnight!

I am thinking.....How the balance between joyful events outside of the home balances so well with those days snuggled up by the fire this time of year.

I am thankful for......To have been giving life to celebrate another year.  I LOVE birthdays!!!  Getting older is such a huge blessing and I dont want to take one day of it for granted ever.

I am wearing.....Jeans, grey tee, blue jacket, a new aztec print blanket scarf and black boots, and a wristful of bangles

I am creating......Finished the azetc blanket scarf and starting on a grogeous red plaid, finished the sleeve to the navy cardy, finishing touches on the dress, and just starting on the birthday banner.

I am going.....To be preparing for the holidays like crazy this week.  We never rush into Christmas always wait until it gets closer to decorate and wrap.

I am wondering....Just what book we may read aloud next.  This is something new to us but we love that little bit of time together sipping on a drink be it hot or cold and immersing ourselves in a book together.

I am reading.....The harbinger.

I am hoping.....To have many more years of blessings as this last one has been.

I am learning......Where to start......

Around the house.....Laundry, cleaning, barn chores, finishing the living room floor, and decorating and wrapping for Christmas.

In the kitchen......So many yummys.  Starting with a smoothie a day as I have been craving them. Finding more uses for that amazing Hickory Syrup.



I am pondering......Rabbits on the farmstead.  With knowing someone who will butcher they may be a possibility.  And adding hickory trees to make our own Hickory Syrup!

A favorite quote for the day......"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees"  ~Henry David Thoreau

One of my favorite things.....The crazy little things Firefly comes up with.  Just like her momma and aunt...she can spit out movie lines like no one I have known.  Yesterday....As I was saying something about her new baby on the way....she looks at me and says "Zip it Happy Meal"...a line from a movie of course!

A few plans for the rest of the week......Dinner date this evening at a local real Indian Restaurant with a friend, Coffee date tomorrow weather depending with my birthday sister (we share a birthday and have been friends for quite awhile)  errands for some baking and decorating needs, Dinner and shopping Friday with Firefly and PaPa, Bluegrass christmas music and some Dickens of a Christmas event in our little town, and a holiday dinner party for Larrys work.  When I look at this it seems overwhelming but really it is all so enjoyable and as I said balances out so well for us.

A peek into one of my days from the past week.....Ok so not really this past week lol.  But this past summer...as I am ready to soak up and enjoy every bit of what old man winter has to offer, yesterdays bright sunshine made me long for the trail.  And we are so very blessed to have the most amazing rails and trails only a few miles from our home.




8 comments:

  1. I like your way of thinking when it comes to birthdays. I used to dread getting older but it definitely has its own brand of sweetness that comes with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Dianna so nice to hear others savour the sweetness of age!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! I too am just glad to have another year! The number does not matter anymore!
    I would be very excited for winter if I didn't have to get out and go to work each day. ;) I love the coziness of the early dark evenings with candles and a fire going. {{{sigh}}} but it is not the season.
    Sound like you are making some fun plans for the week! With our home remodel (and working outside the home) we aren't getting to be very festive this year... :(
    Our middle daughter quotes movies like crazy! You can't say anything that doesn't remind her of some silly movie she has watched! Sometimes we are in the dark until she shares (through bits of laughter) what was said! :)
    Hope your week is a fun and blessed one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I hear you with traveling in the winter. While I am fortunate enough to be home my Husband and son in laws often are not. I miss the days of everyone being snuggled in here together. And I pray harder with them grown and on their own especially in the winter.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely adore the quote, it really stuck with as I have had a trying week so thank you for posting it. Hope you have a great week! Your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felicia, The quote really hit me the last couple of days too. Turning the trials of life into bigger things!! Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. I like that quote!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi, thanks for visiting you have a great one as well!

      Delete