Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Daybook....


http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

                                                                 For Today
                                                          December 2, 2014

Outside my window.......Grey heavy skies.  Calling for some freezing rain.

I am thinking......About a Christmas Surprise!

I am thankful for......My husbands job and the flexability it offers.  And the five full days we had together over the Holiday.

I am wearing.....Dark skinny jeans, Navy and white striped tunic sweater that has large buttons down the back, brown cowl and boots.  Up early and ready for the day.

I am creating.....Oh if only I could just stick to one and finish!  The dress WILL be done this week, almost finished the first sleeve on the navy cardy, just cast on another knitting project...a shrug in a plum color (pic below of pattern), and another just cast on as well...a dark purple cowl that will go rather quickly.




I am going.....To be working very hard to finish at least one of the creations from above by the end of the week! Stay tuned next week to see...

I am wondering.....The heart and what Yaweh is placing on it.

I am reading......The harbinger.  We read a chapter aloud every evening.  I have read this onced myself and Larry was very curious to it but does not like to "read" but listen.

I am hoping.....Praying really.  That our children are greatly blessed with the desire of their hearts.  It is a burden I carry but am laying at "his" feet daily.

I am learning.....That my form of art may very well be in my own private kitchen.  The colors, smells, textures...the way they all work together!

Around the house.....Bread to be baked, a few new recipes to be tried, floors to clean, laundry to wash, barn chores to tend to.

In the kitchen.....Still using the many organic veg from last months co-op order.  Stir fries, casseroles to fill the bellies on cold nights, chickens to be roasted for sunday dinners, Grains to be ground for bread,





I am pondering.....The idea of rabbits for the freezer to add to the many other meats we harvest.

A favorite quote for the day.....

\

One of my favorite things......Hardwood floors.....oh how easy they are to clean with winter melting snow and mud!

A few plans for this week.....Errands, fabric shopping for the perfect blanket scarf, a coffee date with a dear friend, lunch date with husband, yoga classes onced again, and a special holiday/birthday outing with the family.

A peek into one of my days this past week....


The anual Thanksgiving wish bone!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I just found you via SWDB and I am so happy that I did! :) We love the Lord, live on a 52 acre farm with cows, chickens, dogs, cat, teenagers....
    Looking forward to browsing around and getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the teenagers reference! We raised two daughters. Both married with families and loving the lord with all their heart. No greater feeling there is! Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. Love that quote! I want to hang it in my Kitchen! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Amy I like that idea!! Paint a wall with chalk paint and chalk it right on there!!

      Delete