Monday, December 22, 2014

The daybook......



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

Outside my window.......

I am thinking.....

I am thankful for.......So many things.  Spent Friday evening shopping with my girls and listening to all of the stories they had from the many people in the county that wont have christmas this year.  Came home with a terribly heavy heart praying for these families and realizing just how blessed we really are.  I can truely say I understand how those children feel and my heart aches for them terribly.  Talking with husband to see what WE can do to help

I am wearing......Black grey and white yoga pants, wooly white socks and my favored organic tee husband got me from a local lemonchello plantation.

I am creating.....Gift packages both of brown paper bags with the bright red, green and blue raffia and newspaper with said raffia and an added hand painted feather to each one!




I am going.....To be spending the next two weeks working on my "Living Life" book of dates times and places for the coming year.  We missed alot last year with all of the work we had to do here its time to make up for that this year!

I am wondering.....Where we will find ourselves finally worshipping......

I am reading.....Yes....still the harbinger!  Kinda going a little slow with the Holidays.

I am hoping......To be ready for the planting of spinach in the next four to six weeks.....

I am learning.....How much im loving poultry!  Working on getting some heritage breeds here on the farmstead.

Around the farmstead.....Its a good thing I have a wooden bench in the barnyard...I could sit and watch them for hours...



In the kitchen....So many yummies!!!!  And still keeping it "whole"....for the most part anyways.  Husband and I did make some yummy rock candy to put in the gift packages together.




I am pondering.....So very many things....people places and events for the coming year, livestock for spring, the garden we hope is amazing, and just another blessed year together.

One of my favorite things.....Long conversations with a friend just to catch up on life.

A few plans for the next two weeks.....Christmas with family, slowly savoring every morsel of this Holiday here in our new home, movie dates and dinners out with some family friends, traversing the three states to catch up with so very many people.

A peek into one of my days this past week....  Seriously I never don an apron without some tunes on pandora and a glass of wine...

5 comments:

  1. I love your plan to slowly savor every morsel of this Holiday! I am going to do my best to do the same.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it sounds absolutely divine at your place!!!!!! Such a beautiful time of year in so many ways! May you and yours have a VERY Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you wrap your packages. Your place sounds very peaceful! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the painted feathers and the amazing rock candy. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea, to turn on music and pour some wine as one dons an apron!

    You're a huge inspiration to me as we prepare to move too; I've put up your blog on my http://walkingtocivilization.blogspot.com/ , in the part down on the right about Very Intrepid Movers! Thank you for your encouragement just by being you!

    ReplyDelete