Monday, March 9, 2015

The Daybook.....



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

                                                             For Today
                                                           March 9,2015
  Outside My Window.....A little chilly of a start to milk the goat but the sun is shining and promsing of a warm day ahead.

I am thinking.....That I really need to be more careful with power tools....wounded but not broken finger!

I am thankful for.....A family that comes and goes!  They are welcome here anytime and for as long as they like and I love that they feel that and do so.  I am also thankful that they each have homes of their owns that they love and cherish.  The circle of life fills me to the brim.

I am wearing.....Boyfriend jeans with a rolled up cuff, grey linen tunic, striped tee under tunic, black chucks and a grey and black multi print infinity scarf hair in a messy bun.

I am creating....STILL the shrug....a menu board for the kitchen, some painted terra cotta flower pots, and a wooden sofa table.

I am going.....To be spending many mornings here with a hot cup of coffee!  Overlooking the garden.




I am wondering.....Just how much different everything will look here in the fall after a spring and summer FULL of work?

Quote of the week.....


I am reading....STILL the read aloud one second after and the Homesman...determaned to finish the homesman by the weekend for sure this time.

I am hoping.....To have everything done in time and effectively for the baby shower in two weeks.  So excited to be having it but I always get so nervous putting things like this together.

I am learning.....To be patient with the ones that are not so patient with me.

Around the farmstead....Chicks to hatch possibly this week but definately next.  Ducks are working very hard on providing "fertile" eggs for the incubator, a new little girl came to live on the farmstead...Petunia.  She is hand fed and quite the baby.  Lumberjack is still working on the chicken feeder out of pvc pipes hopefully done this week.  Headed to the auction this week for sure hoping to get some turkey poults and a few other birds.  




In the kitchen....Worked up another recipe from the Nourishing Traditions Cookbook...A cold tomato and mint salad.  We loved it and will most definately be experimenting with it all summer long as we harvest cherry tomatoes.  I added a little organic maple syrup to this one but next time am thinking some fresh squeezed lemon.




Also made the Lumberjack a creamy blueberry pie.  Let me tell you this was the easiest thing to whip up and smelled the house up like fresh blueberries in a big way!  And it was an absolute delicious eat as well.  Going to be making this again and again.





I am pondering....Said baby shower....this will for sure be on my mind until it is over.

Pins on the agenda....




One of my favorite things.....When Firefly makes me special cards.  This one even had a bookmark in it!!




Plans for the rest of the week.....Home the first two days with lots of garden work to be done.  Wednesday a coffee date with Marcy after breakfast with my sister then a trip to Lurgans greenhouse for some herbs and cold weather veg and a stop for the organic produce order for the month.  Thursday more working around the cottage both inside and out.  Friday some shopping with the girls in town.  Saturday a family day with my sister and her family here at the cottage putting in a new front door and doing some shooting of the guns.  Sunday out anniversary day out to a Maple Syrup festival and a hike to the falls.

Photo from the week past....



4 comments:

  1. Oh this post is so amazing, I am going to re read it over and over! I am very glad your finger is okay, and hope it heals quickly. The baby shower will be lovely, though I am with you on that, the planning and putting together of can be challenging. That blueberry pie looks amazing. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the quote! And a tomato and mint salad sounds so yummy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boyfriend jeans? Glad your finger is ok! Your spot to overlook the garden has me a little jealous! I so need to move out of the city! Your quote is so true! Your food pics have me drooling! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life sounds so calm and enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete