Monday, March 16, 2015

The daybook....



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

                                                           For Today
                                                        March 16, 2015

Outside my window....Clouds are clearing and making way for some sun.  Birds are chirping and I am being called out of doors!

I am thinking.....How much im looking forward to this pussy willow growing roots and establishing life here on the farmstead.  It was a gift cut from a dear friend that will live on here another state away.




I am thankful for......This little beauty!  And oh so excited to be adding another grand in less than a month now!




Frocks and Frills.....*Changing this to suit me...Going to try to photo a day of the week where I feel fresh and alive!






I am creating......

                                                 Terra cotta pots made pretty!




While we do have a calendar it is so nice to have this weekly reminder board to just give a quick gland to the day of the week we are currently in...complete with whats for dinner!



I am going.....To really enjoy coming here daily but only posting weekly through this busy season of life.

I am wondering.......My sister says bad things happen in threes...we are a family of two...does that mean we have to endure SIX bad things to move on?  Ugh.  Hoping the cycle is about over.  Nothing terrible thankfully just little things happen all at onced it seems.

Quote of the week......


I am reading.......

                                     Finished the homesman no re phrase that...got to the point where I knew I was done.  Horrible read and I am NOT watching the movie.  Still reading one second after outloud in the evenings together.  Started a quick read  Still Life With Chickens.




I am hoping......To have all of the potatoes and peas planted by the end of the week!

I am learning.......It takes a multitude of people to make a difference.

Around the farmstead.......


                                                              The ducks whom are finally mating!



                                                Larry made this for the small peeps to feed from. 
                                                                  Pinterest creation.





In the kitchen.......This AMAZING quinoa salad!  Tumeric and fresh squeezed oranges...YUM...





I am pondering.......The message from church...."How is it that we allow satan to occupy our minds and lives with business so that we dont have the time to hear the lord".....Trying to empty my mind and life so that there is more to be heard.

Pins on the Agenda.......First pins are all of a special St. Patricks day meal with the movie Leap Year to finish the evening.  Hard to believe we will be married 29 years on this day!









One of my favorite things.....A burning woodstove with windows wide open in the nights!

Plans for the rest of the week....... Wednesday coffee with the sister then the livestock auction, Friday a girls night with some wine and making chocolate bars, Saturdays long awaited Baby Shower, Sunday a day with my love!

A peek into one of my days this past week......I do love it when a coffee shop makes pretties from the foam!




For the love of all things green growing and nourishing.......(A place for all of the goodness we plant and harvest here at the farmstead)
 

                                                The garlic is greening and springing up.



                                                The first bed is in...these have little hot houses.




Cottage gatherings..........(This was a big intention with the dream of this farmstead.  A place where we can gather friends and loved ones with a relaxing and loving atmosphere just to relax and enjoy one anothers company.  This may not fully evolve until closer to fall)

My sister, her husband and several of their children came for the day.  We first installed the new front door then ate some delicious food together before setting up a shooting range.  Laughter and love abounded!












Fleeting moments away from the farmstead.......(A place to journal those moments when we get to steal away from the every day duties and joys of the farm both together and alone)

We spent Saturday running a few errands and dreaming about things we wanted to do here at the cottage and getting an early supper out.  He surprised me with a new Alex and Ani for our anniversary on Tuesday.




We had the most amazing day out together on Saturday.  Just some basic errands and a little shopping and he surprised me with a new alex and ani bracelet.  The dove and the meaning is the most timing!

Putting up the harvest.........(A place to journal the gathering of fruits,veg and herbs and what is to be done with them for the winter months)

Nothing to be done this week.  I have quite a few mustard seeds and hoping to make some spicy mustard to can up next week.

One stone at a time.......(A place to journal the continued building and creating of the cottage itself)

My sister and her family came on Sunday and we finally put in the new door that goes into the kitchen where the cookstove will be.  In the next month or so there will be a covered porch here at this end of the cottage to use for a screened summer kitchen in the summer and a wood storage for the winter.  Also a great place to drop all wet muddy and barn clothes.












3 comments:

  1. I very much enjoyed your daybook. I like how you made it your very own. Many nice pictures of the shooting range. Looks like you will be very busy soon with all the planting! Have a glorious week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liked the quote you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your a very busy lady. Waiting to get into my gardens. Can't wait for things to dry out a bit. I am not a seed starter at this time so i'll buy my plants this year from the local green house. When I retire things will be different! :) Glad you found a church. I must have missed that while away from blogging. Hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete