Monday, March 2, 2015

The Daybook



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

                                                                         For today:
                                                                     March 2, 2015

Outside my window......WIND!  Temps to be near 38 today.  Bright blue clouds now with puffy clouds.

I am thinking......About so very many things this morning.  All of the things that need to be done.  The order of how and when to arrange everything!

I am thankful for......The strength to rise up yet another morning.  This winter has me pretty worn out of late.  Im sure this being our first spring here at the cottage makes it harder as Im so anxious to get outside.

I am wearing......Remember those leather leggings I bought a few weeks ago...well I boldly wore them today for a coffee date.  Confidently as my sister in law ordered and yep I not only loved them I rocked those bad boys!!  Going to try to be more confident in my wardrobe and not worry so what others may or may not even think.  So it was the leather leggings, black sneakers, jean shirt and a black and grey floral printed infinity scarf!




I am creating.....Some time I will get that tabletop water garden finished!  Created a pin board of some of my memorabilia.  Finished a quarter of the shrug...ugh.  Determined is the word there by means of time!

I am going......To be spending every last spare moment I have to finish the shurg.

I am wondering......About our anniversary week.  Seems there is one week in March and one in April that are so very full of business and emotion.

Quote of the week.....



I am reading......Still the same....The homesman...which im hoping to finish by the weekend to watch the movie next Monday.  And One Second After is our evening read aloud, were getting into some really good meat in that one.  

I am hoping.....To have all of the spinach planted by Sunday.

I am learning......I am no weatherman and God surely does have a sense of humor.

Around the farmstead.....BABIES!!  Finally they are here.  Albeit two bucks.  Picking up a baby girl to add to the collection Wednesday...and who knows what else.  The last hatched chicks made their way to the second nursery, this one outside but still protected from the weather and other critters.  Another two weeks until the next hatch.  The lumberjack finished the beef cow barn, needs stained before photos though.  And this week we are finishing the third wall in the kitchen.  The stone walled bed for the spinach has been finished now to plant the spinach. 



                                             My morning view behind the cottage.
   


In the kitchen.....Ran out of saurkraut a few weeks ago and was craving like a mad woman.  Four fresh batches sitting in the dark for another day!






I am pondering......HAIR....to henna or not to henna!

Pins on the agenda......                       Best ever carrot cake


                                                   
                                                                        Blueberry cream pie



                                                       White chocolate cranberry cookies
                                                         They never made it last week


                                                  To be built this week for the peeps outside.



One of my favorite things.....New life here on the farmstead.

Plans for the rest of the week......Coffee date this afternoon with Missy at Nathan Miller Chocolates.  Livestock auction on Wednesday and a friends farm to pick up a little lady goat baby.  Dinner date Friday night with Dee at Main Street Cafe, new to me but it looks amazing.  Saturday a full day to work in the garden and maybe a bike ride.  Sunday the family birthday gathering that was rescheduled due to the weather yesterday.

A photo from the week past.....A splurge but oh so worth it YUM!







9 comments:

  1. You had me at white chocolate cranberry cookies!!! Love you post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, anything with chocolate and cranberries yes!

      Delete
  2. Love the quote!! And again love all of the food pins! I am contemplating making those cookies tonight, as I am craving them big time!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi if you made them hope they turned out as delicious as ours!

      Delete
  3. You are very busy! I am sort of wanting to start my spring cleaning so I have it all done once the snow leaves. That pie looks amazing as do the cookies! I love the photo behind the cottage. Mostly, I like any photo that has the sun in it these days! have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ellie I hear you! So longing for warmer days here on the farmstead!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks im loving them! The view has been diluted by this blasted 11 inches of snow but soon to be gone and spring to be coming!

      Delete
  5. Hi! I enjoyed reading your Daybook. Your carrot cake looks delicious! Happy anniversary in advance. And happy spring to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete