Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Daybook....Tuesday...November 18, 2014....



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-simple-womans-daybook-november-17th.html#comment-form

                                                                      For Today:
                                                             November 18, 2014

Outside my window.........The windiest day we have had since moving to the cottage.  Bright blue skies and cold with a windchill about 12 degrees.  Calf bawling for a bottle and a goat crying for some attention.

I am thinking.....Alot about a baby shower brunch that is sure to be AMAZING!

I am thankful for........Honestly I am beginning to be thankful for the shortness of days.  It was a little difficult a transition this year with so much to be done here but am now finding thankfulness in them.  As they allow Larry and I extra time to just sit and talk and enjoy one anothers undivided attention in the evenings.

I am wearing........Skinny jeans, cream colored long sleeved tee, a vintage coral jacket, a scarf made by my sister (my fave this year thus far) and low boots.

I am creating.....Nearly finished the body of the cardian and ready to move to the sleeves..FINALLY!  Also we are creating what is necessary for a meal worm farm of sorts for the chickens.

I am going.......To relax and enjoy this week even though it is just a little too busy for me right now.

I am wondering........Onced again about churches and where we will feel called to be.

I am reading......So stink at this right now.  Need to get back to reading more and put down the knitting!

I am hoping.....For good weather for our NY city trip coming FAST!

I am learning......To rise early onced again with farm animals!

Around the house.....Seems the floors need swept and the furniture dusted nearly daily now with the woodstove.

In the kitchen.....Amazing homemade pizza creations nearly every week, Sweet potato, sausage and kale soup for this evening, and a few new recipes on the menu for this week.  And onced again....I love my early Sunday am coffee in this piece of art!  Add to that those gorgeous corgi eyes and my day is set!


I am pondering.......The arrival of bees in the fall for the garden/herb/orchard area of the farmstead.

One of my favorite things......Settling in at the end of the day with clean dishes setting in the drainer waiting for me till morning.



A few plans for this week.....well a bit more than a few but theres always a slow week "next" week perhaps!  Beekeeping meeting this evening, lunch with my love, coffee with a dear friend...and chocolate!, Shopping and a new cafe with my girls, date night with my love and trying onced again another church at the end of the week!

A peek into one of my days this past week......

It had been about 16 years sinced we had been to the livestock auction....and without the girls!

Home with this guy to fatten up for the freezer....MEATBALL!!  He is healthy and doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment