Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Daybook....November 12, 2014....



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

                                                                For Today
                                                    
Outside my window.......Windy, temps dropping and quickly, grey sky with an almost navy blue on the sides.

I am thinking......So many things early this am.  How good that very first gulp of coffee really is, how quickly winter is arriving, and just why oh why are the price of calves so outrageously high???

I am thankful for.....I am over the moon with thankfulness this morning that we have the ability to raise all of our own foods!!!  It seems things are rising in price so quickly we are shifting our ability to the outside of the cottage to prepare homes for many different types of livestock!

I am wearing.....Skinny jeans, new knee high boots that tie up the back, dark long sleeved tee and the cutest sherpa and denim vest.

I am creating.....STILL working on that blasted cardy!  Shifting the creativeness to the outside of the cottage and creating spaces for little and big critters to fill the freezers!

I am going.....To run a few little errands before meeting Husband at the liveestock auction for the evening.

I am hoping....That we are truely blessed this evening with a calf we can afford to raise for meat!

I am learning.....You can never be too prepared for rising prices!

Around the house.....Finishing the shop for Husband, finishing the living room floor and working more on the garden area, laundry and bedclothes need to be tended as well.

In the kitchen....Lamb has been on the menu a few times this week with last weeks purchase.  Hoping to blog on Fridays with our simple but special meals as we have really come to enjoy that time together to just stop and enjoy something simple but special together.

I am pondering.....Things of the future

One of my favorite things......Walking to the barn with Husband after dinner in the dark to help with the chores.

A few plans for this week......Coffee with a friend I used to work with that is home with an injury, Lunch with another old co-worker, Breakfast with my sister and an annual trip the the I heart handmade show, Another church on the agenda and family time with everyone here on Sunday.

A peek into one of my days of the past week.....


A chocolate/coffee shoppe with the best chocolatier ever!  Not much can get better than this except the company you keep while there.  Love!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment