Thursday, October 16, 2014

This week in my kitchen....

Blog hop banner

http://beautythatmoves.typepad.com/beauty_that_moves/2014/10/thi-2.html

Joining Heather at Beauty that moves with the weekly blog hop.









This past week was the monthly trip to PA for some organic produce, local grass fed meats, wild for salmon fish and good company.  As the nights are getting dark earlier and larry seems to be arriving for dinner when the sun is down our comfort foods change slightly.  The dill and feta salmon patties we a real treat with a sunny side up egg in the mornings.  Lemons are ripening from our lemon tree and I have plans of turning them into a delicious dessert for the weekend.  Plenty of fresh organic roasted veg has made a hit only problem im thinking I didnt order enough.  Also treated myself to some local fresh and creamy yogurt from the farm while away added some granola and oh my!  Scored some close to date organic heavy cream....1.00!  Bought nearly 20 pints.  Made some fresh gingerbread and whipped cream for dessert this past weekend.  Sunday found me giving the Chemex a go!  I did love it but was hesitant as I am totally addicted to the LeCreuset French press!  The Chemex will find its way to the table on Sunday mornings however.

Be well,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Your finds and your makes sound so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying a Chemex was a good investment for me, we've had ours since 2004, and it makes wonderful coffee.

    ReplyDelete