Thursday, October 23, 2014

This week in my kitchen: Kitchen Blog Hop

Blog hop banner

http://beautythatmoves.typepad.com/beauty_that_moves/2014/10/thi-3.html






Been quite a bush week here at the Farmstead.  Heat became the top priority and left very little time for the kitchen.  Breakfasts have been plenty of apples and homemade dip...YUM!  Along with the usual yogurt/granola and eggs/avocados.  Found myself with some leftover chicken...chopped up added some homemade aioli and grapes wrapped it in a sushi wrap and oh my was it good.  Still using the raw apple cider from the local mill but almost out which means another trip there!  Saturdays are always a soup day here.  I had some yummy and very large sweet potatoes and some kale so threw together a yummy autumn soup.  I had no recipe but it turned out to be the BEST...Larry exclaims always about how he hates sweet potatoes...he LOVED this soup.  Will try to write up the recipe of sorts here.
Be well,
Lisa

Bone broth of choice I used chicken
Chop up the kale and cook in the broth till tender.
Cut sweet potatoes into bite sized chunks drizzle with olive oil and sea salt and roast till tender.
Blended the sweet potatoes with some broth with immersion blender till desired creaminess.
Added to the bone broth in the pot with the Kale.  
Added a little drizzle of truffle oil.
Cooked up some sausage and added that as well.
Added a pint of whole heavy cream and YUM.



4 comments:

  1. That soup sounds totally amazing! My husband too dislikes sweet potatoes, but this is a great idea!...Hmm, everybody's talking about bone broth -- I must try it someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of your raw apple cider!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chicken and grapes! I add a little curried mayonnaise and raisins, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm... raw apple cider sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete