Monday, May 4, 2015

The Daybook..... May 4th edition

~Join The Community ~ April Editions

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

                                                                       For today:
                                                                      May 4, 2015

Outside my window.....Bright blue skies.  To be very warm and pleasant.  Lumberjacks birthday is today and he is coming home early.  Maybe a bike ride!

I am thinking......About those canadian goose I tried to "save"....ended up returning them and she hatched them out....but im NOT sure the poison on my legs was worth the attempt.

I am thankful for......This lovely screen porch and the view while snuggling that little bundle of joy for the afternoon while his mommy got some work done and a shower.





Frocks and Frills.....Onced again in navy...only actually got myself "cleaned" up onced this week and it was lovely being able to be home and in the outside without having to get all dressed up this week.  The cardy is a new favorite and the skirt was soooo comfy!




I am creating......Flower pot art for the veranda



I am going.....To master this hoop dancing thing!!!

I am wondering.....Just how long and how terrible this round of poision will be!

Quote of the week.....


I am hoping.....To have a week of errands and activities and still find that slow time in between!

I am learning.....


I am pondering....These two beautiful blessings of grandbabies....so praying for more!





Pins on the agenda.....          Bean and rice burritos



                                                    BBQ cauliflower salad



                                                     Maple caramel bacon crack





I am reading.....Emmas gift....the sequel to Julias Hope...which Katie promptly took home last night! lol

One of my favorite things....Met Marcy at a new coffee shop in Martinsburg...new to me anyhow.  Definately a place I will be frequenting!




Plans for the rest of the week.....Wednesday helping Cassie with baby Jake while she cleans for a friend of hers,  Thursday errands and lunch with Karla,  Saturday and evening out with the Lumberjack and Tom and Tess for some bluegrass music and local crafter beers,  And a family birthday celebration with the family to celebrate the love of my life turning 50!!!

For the love of all things green growing and nourishing.....Progress being made.  The fencing has been put up and the chooks are not happy but I sure am!  The area around the garden and in the driveway has been cleared and seeded with grass.  Loving the progress!!







One stone at a time....Cut yet another hole in the cottage wall!  The ac unit is in and will remain there.  Love that it has been made permanent without taking window space.







7 comments:

  1. Cute outfit!! Poison on your legs? From the goose? I hope it leaves your body doon!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandchildren are adorable :)
    I love the photos of the cottage, too! Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you grandbabies! Loved the quote!! And I love the sound of that cauliflower salad. Hope your week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm Hayley and I'm also participating in the simple woman's day-book, I absolutely loved your quote, have a good one
    Hugs from Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anything Lisa we will enjoy our flow.. Thanks for introducing me to the world of Hoop Dancing . xoxo. I so love to follow your homestead progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grand Baby gifts are the best kind ! Mine sure swells my heart ! The goose thing totally sounds like something I would do . Glad the mama hatched them , hate hearing you are dealing with the poison ivy though ! Yuck ! Hope you find a good remedy soon and it goes away ! Blessings !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Lisa, poison ivy is just awful. I have had a few run ins with it, and it is really so gross. My hubby can walk right on through, roll in it, and nothing happens. I am so glad you are enjoying that wee boy, he is awfully cute! And a happy belated birthday to the lumberjack!

    ReplyDelete