Monday, April 27, 2015

The daybook.....

~Join The Community ~ April Editions


http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

                                                                     For today:
                                                                April 27, 2015 

Outside my window.....Some sun...Some Clouds and bright blue sky with a gentle breeze hoping the temp rises some before I head out to work in the garden.

I am thinking......So very many things come to mind this day every year...all of the what ifs...hows???  They pass....




I am thankful for.....Sundays....and the need for two pots of coffee...he and I!




Frocks and Frills......Yeah ....so I got cleaned up to take my sister out for her birthday...which also is the anniversary of my mothers death...Stopped to see the Lumberjack and he snapped a few pics....one is just silly weird so thought would share it too...lol.  Loved this new to me dress though.  Finding my main color onced again is navy blue!





I am creating.....More veranda loving....the black metal chairs are now a lovely bright white with a yellow table...






I am going.....To be celebrating this wild rumpus of a week every year from hence forth.  So much better of a balance than any year past.  And the best way to begin celebrating this week is to surround myself with good food and good people.   The day before was spent with so many good friends it was easy to forget what the week was about and that was the entire goal.  Lunch and coffee was had here at Pure and Simple an organic cafe with Marcy...enjoyed an amazing raw and vegan pina colada pie...







I am wondering.....If I will ever tire of spending afternoons at Nathan Millers Chocolates in the old Warehouse....most likely not as long as the company is as good as it was this day.  Love the architecure in this old building.  




Quote of the week.....


I am hoping.....To have the garden fencing finished by weeks end!

I am learning.....To balance life and death.  This was the first year instead of only feeling sad I chose to celebrate.  My sisters birthday is the same day as the death of our mother.  For years I never celebrated her birthday with her and now feel so guilty for that.  Love her to pieces!!




Around the farmstead.....


In the kitchen......
                              The brown sugar bundt cake from pinterest....epic fail!!

                        The bleu cheese and red onion tart however....AMAZING!!  And a little peach blackberry sangria to go with it in the evening...


  
The best meals seem to be those that come right from out little farmstead....fresh eggs, goat milk, and wild asparagus...




I am pondering......




Pins on the agenda......                           Huevos Rancheros


                                                             Brussel sprout salad


                                               Brown butter chewy ginger oatmeal cookies



I am reading......More like have read....started this novel on Monday past and finished over the weekend...waiting on the second in the series.  Totally loved every single minute of it.  



One of my favorite things.....When he takes walks to hunt for morrels and comes home with the simplest of gifts....Turkey feathers!




Plans for the rest of the week......Hulu lesson on Tuesday night,  Lunch and a movie with the girls and little guy on Thursday, A weekend hooping party at Marcys home and Church on Sunday with maybe a bike ride on the trail.

For the love of all things green growing and nourishing....Spinach is growing its true leaves...kale has emerged as well as the pak choy!






Fleeting moments away from the farmstead......Maryland poultry swap, dinner and shopping with the Lumberjack, and a walk through our local farmers market where we shared a ramp dip and homemade crackers.....







One stone at a time.....He has officially begun the shop!  Its going to be a lengthy process.  Also we decided we like the kitchen table in the middle of the room rather than against the wall....so bought the wood to make another cabinet along the wall for more storage which is ALWAYS a good thing!-













9+♠

8 comments:

  1. Love all of your pictures. Glad you can find happiness on a day of sadness! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You as well Jodi. Hope all is going good at the new job!

      Delete
  2. I loved your dsybook . But I have to ask , what is a hooping party ? I'm just a farm girl wanna be . LOL
    Glad you found happiness this year celebrating your sister . Those anniversaries are hard . We just got past the first year anniversary of my moms death . I miss her everyday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lora! I have been taking some hula hoop dancing lessons with a friend and basically she had a bunch of women over to hoop to some good music and a glass of wine. Im sorry to hear of your loss as well. It seems never to get easier.

      Delete
  3. So enjoyed your daybook today. I am glad you were able to celebrate with your sister. <3 That chocolate shop looks so inviting,it would be so lovely to spend afternoons there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, ahhhhh that chocolate shop. While Nathan the chocolatier is not "quite" as bohemian as johnny depp he runs a pretty close second!

      Delete
  4. I always look forward to your daybook, you inspire me! I am so glad you were able to go out and have a wonderful day with your sister, it is hard when those anniversaries come around, isn't it? I know it is when the anniversary of my dad's passing comes, he died when I was 13 and it is still a difficult day, but now I try to do something that day that I enjoy and know he would too. When you mentioned your navy sweater I laughed, only because the other day when I looked in my closet I realized my shirts and sweaters are mostly grey, black or navy! Your chicks are so cute, we have our meat chicks coming this week.....we have no clue what we are doing yet! We don't have a chicken house yet, my son in law is going to build us one soon, and it will be much too cold to put them outside for a good while. This could be interesting! have a great week ( and thanks again for my little treat in the mail, I love it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie, You are so special to me!! I was only 12 when I lost my mum. They never do get easier do they? This is the first year of trying to find joy in the day and will be from hence forth. Good luck with the meat chicks. You will do fine they are so hardy really!

      Delete