Monday, April 6, 2015

The daybook.....



http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

                                                                     For today
                                                               Monday April 6, 2015

Outside my window.....This was my morning view....from the hospital as I stayed the night with our daughter and grandson Jacob.  Praying he comes home today...




I am thinking.....How excited I am with the facial cleaner I made.  How amazing it feels!!

I am thankful for.....Friends who think of you when out of town shopping....I suppose I do make it a little easy for her...not sure I can think of any friends that would desire sweet red beans and sweet red bean filled rice donuts!  Lol...but I am thankful for her still!




Frocks and frills......My sister said she wanted to go look at some property...she didnt tell me it would be a mountain hike.  But it was such a gorgeous day for it!




I am creating......We are getting ready to "create" our bedroom here at the cottage.  Going with one navy blue wall and three white with a white ceiling and honey walnut trim.  Had been collecting these duck feathers from the barnyard and made a flower pot for the room...





I am going.....To be doing absolutely nothing but starring at this little bundle of joy for days on end!  Baby Jacob Carl has arrived the day before Easter!





I am wondering.....How it is that when your waiting on something You are longing for so badly that time seems to stand still and go on forever...Waiting with the sunrise on Baby Jacob...




Quote of the week......


I am reading.....Finished "Still Life with Chickens"....it was just an ok read for me.  I skimmed through it really.  Her form of writing was just a little over bearing for me to be honest.
She used WAY too many words to describe one thing or situation all through the book.  Just annoyed me mostly lol.


I am hoping.....To be productive here on the farmstead this week...inspite of the rain we are to be getting.  Cannot complain about that rain though...the garden, fruits and water tanks are in need!

I am learning.....How Gods timing is so not mine!

Around the farmstead.....Went to the auction this week and came home with 30 new chicks.  For the freezer in the fall for sure!




In the kitchen.....I cannot honestly say that I have ever made angel food cake before...but I CAN say I will be making it again.  This one was with fresh blueberries...next fresh red raspberries!





Homemade sweet potato fries and some Roumalade sauce...delish!




I am pondering.....ON the search for property there were a few antique scores from an abandoned and lonely cabin in the woods.  The extremely long handled cast iron pan and two dietz lanterns!  And that truck look at that truck...if I could only find a way to get it home too!!






Pins on the agenda.....







One of my favorite things.....The fact that the Lumberjack loves Essential Oils as much as I do!

Plans for the rest of the week...Coffee with Marcy on Monday, Birthday celebration here at the cottage for my niece on Tuesday, Shopping errands and lunch with Karla on Wednesday, A visit to our oldest daughters on Thursday for some grandchildren snuggles, A movie screening at the local farm on Friday to see Fed Up, home plans on saturday and maybe a bike ride and Easter dinner on Sunday at our oldest daughters home...yes easter is over but baby Jacob made his way here the day before so we had to put it off till this weekend.


For the love of all things green growing and nourishing.....Cole crops and candy onions are planted.  Spinach and White Helois Radishes are making their way up and the garlic is doing amazing...only did not plant enough of the garlic!





Turned the calendar page to April on a beautiful warm sunny day.  And as always on the first of April Matilda got herself a fresh new look for spring!  She has been my garden friend for 10 years now and I do love her presence out there.




A trip to the opening day of the farmers market in town and we purchased a Pine Berry plant to put into the mix!  Apparently it is white with red dots and tastes like a pineapple and strawberry...shall see I suppose lol.




One stone at a time.....We worked on the back veranda and its coming along so nicely.  More photos as it gets all of the finishing touches to come later.  Waiting on some grass seed, water sealer for the fencing, succulants for the boxes, flowers in terra cotta pots to hang on the fencing, a water garden in the corner and a coat of paint to the chairs maybe a few candles for lighting.





AND we have spouting...one step closer to collecting all that precious rain water and having running water inside the cottage!  No more carrying water onced this is finished!!



4 comments:

  1. Love angel food cake...never thought about adding fruit to the batter! May have to try that! That pound cake looked yummy!!

    Have a great week!! Give a cuddle to baby Jacob from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable baby blessing!! Enjoy him!! Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daybook has so much good stuff! I love all of the pictures. So many wonderful things. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Daybooks-- it's been awhile since I've done one!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete